Risk management in drug therapy
Astir applies the CREA-ERASMO method for the Risk Management activity of drug therapies. This method consists, in summary, in the following steps, each of them involves a close collaboration between risk managers and the operators of the departments engaged:
- IDEF0 process analysis, with the aim of model each of the activities involved in drug management.
- – Cognitive Task Analysis, which details the cognitive work of each operator for the performance of the activities described above.
- Human HAZOP analysis to identify possible error modes in the process.
- Risk analysis, through which is evalued the level of risk linked to each error mode and process activities are classified in terms of risk.
- Identification of critical precursors of error modes and provision of detection cards for doctors and nurses.
- Conduct a monitoring campaign in the departments involved and subsequent assessment of the progress over time of the risk level of the process.